St. Vincent Memorial Hospital was established in 1906 by the Adorers of the Blood of Christ, Ruma, Illinois province. The original building accommodated 20 patients. As the needs of the community grew, the hospital continued to expand, and the current facility was completed in 1954. The second floor was converted into a transitional (skilled) care unit in 1985. Ten years later, more enhancements were made, including a new rehabilitation services department, a specialty physicians clinic, a larger emergency department, and a new front entrance and lobby. Memorial Health System became a co-sponsor of St. Vincent Memorial Hospital in Taylorville in 1995, and the sole sponsor in 2007, when it was renamed Taylorville Memorial Hospital.