This position embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values. These standards are evident in the daily work, which includes the following:
- Under the direct supervision of an RN, provides age-appropriate care for a designated group of patients through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Works closely with the RN to assimilate and act upon data reflective of the patient’s status and to develop organizational and critical thinking skills
- At the discretion of the RN, can be assigned basic tasks/care elements for which competency has been validated that are within the scope of the Nursing Technician job description
- Will NOT be assigned to administer medications or to add IV fluids, or to perform any task that requires a registered nurse license.
Requirements for this position include:
- Qualified for senior status in a BSN program; minimum GPA 3.25 required. Current CPR certification required.
- Position involves exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissues, contagious diseases and/or radioactive or other potentially hazardous materials.
- Position requires ability to position and/or transfer an average adult patient and to withstand prolonged periods of walking/standing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
In addition to your online application, please complete the following items:
- 1 Reference (must be from a professional reference including clinical instructors, other professors, or current/past managers or supervisors)
- The reference assessment access will be given to you after initial phone interview with a Recruiter
- Essay to answer the following questions:
- Why did you decide to pursue a career in Nursing?
- What are 2 things that you hope to take away from your experience as a Summer Student Nurse Internship?
- Transcript to verify your GPA (3.25 on a 4.0 scale required)
- A photo of your current CPR course completion card
Interns are accepted into the Summer Student Nurse Internship program based upon the application packet submitted, successful interview process and number of available intern positions. The application will close on December 7, 2018 and application materials must be received by December 15, 2018. Onsite interviews will be scheduled for December 27, 2018 through January 4, 2019. Candidates selected for onsite interviews will be notified by December 17, 2018.
The internship will begin on May 30, 2018 and will last for 8 weeks.
Nurse, Nursing, internship, intern, BSN, summer internship, college student, extern, externship, nursing student