Perform a variety of academic, educational, clinical, and research functions in support of the Clinical Ethics Center and Ethics Consultation Service. All duties are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
- Education:Terminal degree or candidacy for such (i.e. Ph.D. in ethics, bioethics, philosophy, theology or related field), J.D., M.D. Must demonstrate competence in clinical ethics (i.e. certificate, M.A. or other, post graduate education in ethics).
- Experience in conducting clinical ethics consultations in a tertiary care medical center strongly preferred (e.g., fellowship).
- Proficiency with electronic health record, chart note writing, and consult documentation.
- Familiarity with developing organizational policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Experience organizing and facilitating committee work and special projects such as educational programs, community service events and outreach services.
- Capable of scholarly work.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and emotionally charged issues in a confidential and professional manner and to establish cooperative relations with patients, families, and health professionals contacted in the course of performing consultative work.
- Ability to mediate conflict and effectively negotiate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.