Schedule: 8:00a-4:30p Monday-Friday, Weekends as needed
The Network Engineer I embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values. These standards are evident in the daily work, which includes responsibility for all network hardware and related technologies including: Routers, Switches, Wireless, VPN, and WAN circuits. The Network Engineer I is responsible for the constant monitoring of performance, availability, support and maintainability of all Cisco network infrastructure, hardware and related software. Identify opportunities to improve user experience and functionality through evaluation, collaboration and implementation of new network technologies and functionality and migrating to new solutions as appropriate. Primary role of this position is to support the enterprise network; including successfully working of daily support tickets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field required. Three to four years experience in Enterprise Level Networking may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate certification preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, STP, VLAN’s, EIGRP, Cisco 3750, 3750X, and 6500 LAN switching, CISCO ASA and VPN technologies, and Cisco Nexus line, including VDC and OTV.
- Understanding of all facets of enterprise networking, hardware, and software technologies.
- Ability to assess, develop and implement creative solutions to ensure appropriate support of network.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, planning skills, problem-solving skills, and change management skills.
- Must possess strong skills in personal diplomacy and customer service and consistently demonstrate a high level of motivation, commitment to teamwork, professionalism and trustworthiness.
- Must possess sound decision-making ability, operate well under pressure and be tenacious in resolving difficult problems.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels of the organization including medical staff and senior management.