Under the general direction of the Accounting Manager, serves MHS management by providing lead financial analyst support for the general ledger application by maintaining various detailed financial analysis and assisting in the preparation of financial statements, budgets, tax returns, statistics, feasibility studies, and other financial research projects, as required. Monitor and maintain all fixed asset listings. Provides ongoing support, oversight, and review required to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
Bachelor Degree in accounting or finance. MBA and/or CPA preferred but not required.
Minimum of three to five years experience in accounting or finance, preferably in the healthcare setting.
- Must possess good technical and professional skills.
- Proficient with personal computers and software (including Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
- Must be able to work in a fast changing environment.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to compile data, analyze, and develop recommendations as well as identify errors.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and human relations skills. Clearly communicates identified issues with Manager.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Manages time efficiently and meets established deadlines with little prompting.
- Must possess strong listening skills and the ability to communicate across multiple teams.
- Must be detail and quality oriented.
- Must demonstrate a high level of accuracy.
- Must be an independent worker with the ability to handle unstructured problems.
- Exercises good business judgment and can make decisions.
- Demonstrates personal initiative.
- Must possess a strong understanding of GAAP, accrual accounting, tax issues, etc.
- Must possess a strong understanding of journal entries along with income statement and balance sheet effects.
Springfield and surrounding cities, Illinois