Status: Full Time
Schedule: 7:30-4:00 pm Monday- Friday with Weekends as Needed
This position embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values. These standards are evident in the daily responsibilities of the Clinical Learning Consultant.
The Clinical Learning Consultant assesses learning needs and designs, develops, implements and evaluates educational programming to meet the learning needs of Memorial Health System employees.
The consultant will identify, develop and implement organization learning strategic initiatives that enhance performance, productivity, and staff engagement levels to support the strategies and goals of Memorial Health System. S/he delivers and facilitates organization learning programs to ensure competency and development.
Additionally, this person researches and documents the effectiveness of Memorial Health System efforts and implements changes to continually improve outcomes and services offered. The consultant serves as a resource person in the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of organization learning programs. S/he provides consultation services and works in partnership with clients throughout the health system to facilitate continuous learning and improvement to address health system goals and strategies.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required. Master’s preferred.
- Registered Nurse licensure required. Licensure in the State of Illinois required within the first 6 months of employment.
- CPR certification required.
- Certified CPR Instructor and ACLS Instructor required within six months of employment.
- ANCC Board Certification preferred.
- Association for Talent Development Improving Human Performance Certificate within one year of hire.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator preferred or within two years of hire.
- Two (2) years’ experience in clinical nursing required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience planning and conducting training programs in corporate, educational or healthcare setting required.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning styles and instructional methods.
- Demonstrated excellent human relation skills and a proven ability to work with a broad range of people in diverse settings, both internal and external to MHS.
- Advanced facilitation skills coupled with exceptional listening skills; strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated competency in presentations, classroom and small group instruction.
- Demonstrated assessment and consultation skills and ability to effectively manage relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at once, and execute projects from start to finish including the development, measurement and reporting of key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and measure the quantitative and qualitative impact of educational initiatives to make sound, data-based decisions and show return on investment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer/technical skills with reporting and presentation tools utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills; motivation skills, demonstrate initiative and ability to self-direct.