Status: As Needed; Weekdays
Summary: Primary responsibility, under the guidance of the Teacher, is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for children that encourage their social, emotional, physical and intellectual development through designing and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum according to guidelines established by Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, Creative Curriculum, and ExceleRate Illinois.
- Must be at least 19 years of age and have high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED).
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) required. If hired prior to July 2012, CDA requirement waived.
- Illinois Gateways to Opportunity Registry member
- Provide 3 letters of reference per DCFS requirements
- Hold or be able to obtain First Aid/CPR certification
- Minimum one (1) years of experience in child care, early childhood, child development or related required.
- Maintain 20 hours of in-service hours each fiscal year, 5 hours must be from a Gateway Registry-approved training.
- Excellent communication skills.