Status: As Needed; Weekdays
Summary: Provides a safe and nurturing environment for children to encourage their social, emotional, physical and intellectual development through designing and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum according to guidelines established by the Illinois Department of Children and Family services, Creative Curriculum and ExceleRate Illinois. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood or Child Development is strongly desired
- Associate’s degree in a related field with courses directly related to child care or child development, birth to age six, will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or a related field with courses directly related to child care or child development, birth to age six, strongly preferred
- If hired prior to July 2012, CDA plus 2 years’ experience in child care, early childhood, child development or related field accepted.
- Illinois Gateways to Opportunity Registry member. Holds (or able to obtain) first aid/CPR certification.
- Holds (or able to obtain) Gateways ECE and/or Infant-Toddler Credential.
- At time of hire, is able to present transcripts and 3 letters of reference per DCFS requirement
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in child care, early childhood, child development or related required.