Supports Memorial Medical Center’s patient safety program. Facilitates proactive patient safety risk assessments, monitors reported patient safety events, and analyzes patient safety event trends. Participates in the systematic investigation of adverse patient safety events, including root cause analysis. Works in collaboration with the System Director of Patient Safety and Accreditation in assuring ongoing compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) accreditation standards, Illinois Hospital Licensing Act requirements, and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Conditions of Participation. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
Master’s degree in nursing or health care field is required.
- Current Illinois license in respective profession is highly preferred but no required.
- Lean Six Sigma White Belt required within 6 months of hire.
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt required within 24 months of hire.
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) is preferred.
- Minimum of three years healthcare supervisory leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in hospital accreditation/regulatory compliance activities; three years preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with physicians and other healthcare managers in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Minimum of two years of healthcare related experience is required.
- Minimum of three years healthcare leadership experience is preferred.
- Three years of demonstrated experience in hospital accreditation/regulatory compliance activities is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with physicians and other healthcare leaders in a multidisciplinary environment is preferred.