Maintains a safe and secure environment for patients, visitor, employees, and physicians. Provides a visible presence while patrolling and inspecting the property. Intervenes in difficult and sometimes physical situations to ensure the safety of patients, visitors, employees and physicians. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
High School Diploma, or the equivalency, is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification within 30 days of job placement is required.
- Must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy. Five year MVR will be required). Must be able to operate automatic shift vehicle.
- Minimum 1 year experience in security, military or law enforcement is strongly preferred.
- Skill in effectively communicating, verbally and in writing, with a diverse range of people including the proper handling of emotional situations and needs is required.
- Skill in using customer service and active listening techniques is required.
- Skill in applying de-escalation techniques is required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is required.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly and effectively is required.
- Ability to physically perform sustained foot patrols, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, lifting patients, and restraining patients or prisoners as necessary is required.
- Ability to operate computer systems including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook) is required.