Status: Full time, 36 hours/week
Schedule: 4:00 p.m. - 9:30p.m. and every other weekend
Under the supervision of the registered nurse, the Acute Care, Nursing Technician performs a variety of tasks and services to assist in the provision of care and comfort for patients; provides care appropriate to the age of the patients served; reports observations; contributes to the efficient functioning of the unit; all duties are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
The Acute Care Nursing Technician embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values. These standards are evident in the daily work, which includes:
- Providing hygiene and comforting measures to assure privacy and prevent undue exposure.
- Assisting with patient’s activities including ambulation, chair dangling and repositioning; using proper body mechanics, positioning techniques and assistive devices.
- Obtaining vital signs (BP and TPR) and weight (standing, chair or bed scale). Reports deviations.
- Performing therapeutic measures/procedure, observes and reports changes
- Conducting purposeful hourly rounding as a team member
- Follows standard precautions. Always washes hands between patients. Always cleans equipment between patients.
Requirements of the position include:
- School diploma or GED required.
- One of the followings required:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Enrollment in nursing school with one (1) semester of clinicals completed.
- Successful completion of Nursing Team Orientation, unit-based orientation and clinical competency validation tool required within three (3) months of hire.
- CPR certification required or obtained during Nursing Team Onboarding.