The Physical Therapist I is responsible and accountable for providing examinations, evaluations, therapy diagnosis, interventions, and prognosis in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Emphasis on managing daily clinical caseload efficiently including: effective treatment, and appropriate documentation and billing practices. The therapist I will participate in performance improvement and program development activities in accordance with departmental goals and objectives.
- P.T. license in the State of Illinois, or license pending with a valid Authorization to Test letter (ATT) from the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT), and application for licensure on file with the IDPFR, is required. The maximum allowable time to practice in a license pending status/under a licensed Physical Therapist is 6 months per licensing regulations.
- CPR Certification preferred.
- If applicable, must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (5 year MVR will be required).
- Achieves & maintains 0-10 points on the Clinical Ladder Grid.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with patients, families, peer and other team members as needed for assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Must be physically able to lift, support, move patients 50 – 100 lbs.
- Universal Precautions Category I.