Performs a wide variety of activities which may include both direct patient care activities for the clinic’s patients of ExpressCare – South Sixth, as well as business office functions, depending on the size of the assigned clinic. All patient care is provided under the direct supervision of the physician and/or mid-level provider.
- Assists healthcare providers with the patient care process in person, and over the telephone. Practices within scope and current standards of care. Responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Provides direct patient care that may include working with patients of all ages, in person and over the phone, completing tasks involving the use of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation skills, and administration of prescribed medications and treatments. All patient care is provided under the direct supervision of the physician and/or mid-level provider.
- Documents according to scope and current standard of care. Accountable for achieving quality standards.
- Assists in various aspects of patient flow process including, but not limited to performing front office reception and billing office duties, securing/stocking necessary supplies, preparing exam room and patient for examination, assisting the provider with the exam or procedure, and cleaning/disinfecting exam/treatment area after use, performing various laboratory duties.
- Responsible for several tasks related to the paper flow through office. This aspect may include, but is not limited to, working with incoming mail and faxed correspondence, assisting in scanning correspondence and paper medical records and conducting quality assurance.
- Assists with various aspects of diagnostic testing including obtaining and/or preparing specimens, labeling/recording, and communicating results. Performs miscellaneous CLIA-waived testing. May perform EKG’s/rhythm strips, spirometry, pulse oximetry, nebulizers, as well as other testing outlined by the provider.
- Complies with all clinic policies and procedures including, but not limited to blood borne pathogens, chemical safety, laboratory, administrative, and corporate compliance. Applies the Minimum Necessary Standard when accessing protected health information.
- Assists in the clinic financial performance in ways which may include, depending on setting: careful use of resources including supplies, equipment, and time; assisting in the collection of upfront copays; ensuring that patients present for check-out; noting when contact or insurance information does not appear current or correct. Obtains appropriate insurance referrals and pre-certifications as applicable.
- Demonstrates support for and participates in accomplishing team goals and objectives.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Graduation from an accredited medical assisting program required or at least 5 years experience working in the field of medical assisting.
- Valid certification as a certified medical assistant (CMA) through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through American Medical Technologists (AMT) required.
- Maintains certification as required through AAMA/AMT guidelines.
- Valid CPR certification required.
- Prior computer experience required.
- Previous clinic experience preferred.
All Shifts Available