Provide student nurses with a multi-clinical and educational experience under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
Essential Functions and Job Duties
- Identifies with, shares in, and displays a commitment to the mission, philosophy, and objectives of the organization. Demonstrates knowledge of the mission, gives consideration to the principles of the mission (core values: Compassion, Ability, Respect, Excellence and Service).
- Demonstrates critical thinking, technical skill/knowledge, and interpersonal skills through patient care.
- Performs a variety of skills and tasks in conjunction with the health care team related to both clinical and non-clinical nursing:
- Assist with daily hygiene, simple dressing changes, wound cleansing, simple splinting/case application.
- Performs computer entry and patient charting when directed by preceptor.
- Participates in procedures when deemed appropriate by preceptor.
- Reports abnormal findings and changes in patient condition to appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Completion of one clinical experience in Accredited Registered Nursing program/Licensed Practical Nursing program or is qualified for senior status in Bachelor’s degree nursing program. Must be in good academic standing with university or college. Current CPR certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Will complete additional training or demonstrate competency in skills identified in the unit-specific competency plan and skills list. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing. Is expected to be an example of good health habits. No previous experience required.
All Shifts Available