Manages, coordinates and performs nursing care with compassion and care for an assigned group of patients and their families and incorporate preventative measures as directed by Registered Nurse.
- Collects patient data within the clinical standards; reports significant variances to registered nurse.
- Establishes workload priorities and offer input into plan of care; encourages patient participation in plan of care.
- Provides and documents care within standards of practice, policies and procedures and protocols consistent with the patient plan of care under supervisor of an RN.
- Identifies expected outcomes individualized to patient needs under RN guidance.
- Demonstrates competency in all required areas, including department-specific, age-specific, medication administration, and use of equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development by:
- Maintaining ongoing continuing education,
- Contributing to professional development of peers, and
- Participating in CQI.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing. Current registration in Illinois for practice as a licensed practical nursing.
- Six months experience preferred.
- This position is performed within an environment of frequent exposure to blood and body fluids.