Greet, screen, and provide assistance when appropriate, all visitors, patients and colleagues as they enter the Decatur Memorial Hospital. Provide information regarding directions and location of specific services. Proactively works to resolve all questions, concerns and assistance needs to the customer’s best interest.
- Support Memorial Health System’s Mission, Vision, Values.
- Exhibit excellent guest relations skills.
- Proactively greet and appropriate direct all customers as they approach each of the Decatur Memorial Hospital Lobbies.
- Take appropriate action when observing a disruptive and/or violent behavior of any patient, visitor, or colleague.
- Assist customers who require the use of a wheelchair or additional mobility support
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes proactively greeting and thanking each customer.
- Ensure that the driveway at each location remains environmentally safe and free of obstacles and hazards.
- Communicate with all guests and coworkers in a positive and attentive speaking voice.
- Must feel comfortable approaching visitors and patients to complete visitor registration and screening. May involve asking visitors to leave and escalating specific situations to the incident command center for clearance
- Perform other duties as required
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- High School education or G.E.D. equivalent
- Must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year motor vehicle registration will be required).
- One year experience in positions dealing with public.
- Excellent guest relations skills.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly.