Perform daily cleaning and disinfecting of all areas of the facility as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Perform cleaning and disinfecting of all assigned areas of the facility; including Transitional Care, Acute Care, Emergency Department, Surgery, Ancillary Departments and office areas.
- Maintain the ability to follow a daily detailed schedule of tasks/areas within assignment.
- Understand importance of complete cleaning and disinfecting of high touch areas in patient rooms to achieve high-level disinfection.
- Utilize proper infection control practices in accordance with hospital and departmental policy.
- Monitor the condition of the equipment and supplies to ensure safe and efficient operations of the department.
- Initiate hospital procedure regarding employee/patient incident reports.
- Participate in continuing education; meet requirements for all mandatory inservices.
- Promotes health and safety in the work environment.
- Actively participates in competency assessment process.
- High school graduate preferred.
- Previous industrial cleaning experience preferred.
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills required.