Supervises the environmental services functions of the department, including supervision of the workforce. Determines the schedules and work to be performed by employees and the methods, procedures and equipment to be utilized in the performance of work. Achieves the highest level of employee performance and production. Ensures enforcement of MHS polices and procedures.
- Supervises the daily business of the Environmental Services Department.
- Determines the schedules and nature of work to be performed by employees.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in handling all direct report complaints and /or grievances according to policy.
- Supervises staff, providing performance feedback, corrective action, coaching and other personnel related functions for employees.
- Trains new hires in the appropriate methods, procedures, and policies of the Environmental Services department and documents said training.
- Conducts and documents semi-annual competency training with all direct reports.
- Documents and performs annual performance reviews with all direct reports.
- Determines the schedules and nature of work to be performed by your direct reports and the methods, procedures and equipment utilized in the performance of such work.
- Achieves the highest level of employee performance and production consistent with safety and the policies and procedures of the Environmental Services department.
- Maintains strict control in the distribution of equipment and supplies and ensure maintenance of par levels.
- Performs the duties of subordinates whenever necessary in cases of emergency or in the interest of patient care.
- Performs thorough performance rounding on employees, managerial customers and others maintain effective business relationships.
- Conducts and documents quality inspections in consistent manner.
- Maintains a great patient experience by consistently performing and documenting patient interviews as designated.
- Monitors special projects: floor care, construction, etc.
- Audits building keys and pagers on a daily basis.
- Monitors direct reports’ payroll to assure staying within designated weekly hours’ allotment.
- Observes and reports any and all building deficiencies/repairs to the appropriate departments.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
• High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
• One to three (1-3) years’ leadership experience required.
• Minimum two (2) years’ previous related experience required, with previous healthcare industry housekeeping experience preferred.
• Able to physically handle objects up to fifty pounds unassisted.
• Must be able to manage others, demonstrate great customer service, and possess great human relations skills.