Under general supervision, provides basic lawn care and ground maintenance for the Decatur Memorial Hospital. Assists with procedures, instructions and completing individual assignments.
- Provide care of grounds which includes: mowing, raking leaves, watering, fertilizing, edging, planting of grass and flowers, trimming, de-thatching lawn, painting as required and parking lot stripping.
- Maintain external appearance of DMH by cleaning driveways, entrances and disposing of trash.
- Remove snow by snow plow, shovel, squeegee, snow blower or other approved methods.
- Transport materials/equipment by hand, dolly or truck to work site.
- Interact with hospital personnel and patients/visitors in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Perform pre start-up inspection of power equipment and minor repairs of grounds equipment and tools.
- Maintain appropriate dress and appearance, projecting a positive image of DMH.
- Consistently follows all safety procedures/policies in completing work assignments.
- Execute job function in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in grounds and lawn maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of basic operation of lawn and snow removal equipment.