Works as part of team to complete daily business office functions and maintain effective communication with clients, providers, and staff at various locations in Springfield, Jacksonville and Lincoln. Answers the telephone, routes and triages calls relative to patient urgency, schedules appointments, registers clients, and scans various correspondence for both Memorial Behavioral Health and SIU Integrated Wellness Clinic.
- Assists agency in meeting goals related to quality and patient satisfaction by providing assistance, guidance, and direction to visitors and clients, in person and over the phone in a manner designed to yield a high level of client satisfaction. Communicates client’s needs through the tasking mechanism of the electronic health record for multiple agencies and through inter-agency messaging. Accountable for achieving quality and client satisfaction standards, including anticipating client needs, grievances, and service recovery.
- Schedules, reschedules and coordinates client appointments for all sites of care. Appropriately triages clients in urgent/emergency situations over the phone or in person. Monitors client flow through reception and works with team to minimize and notify clients of waits and delays. Schedules interpreters, if needed.
- Responsible for accurate registration of client demographics and insurance in electronic health records for multiple agencies. Utilizes external websites to confirm client’s eligibility. Collects client financial responsibility at the time of registration, including current and past due balances. Determines and provides age appropriate documentation to be completed by each client for multiple agencies. Obtains and validates proper consent for patient treatment for multiple agencies.
- Assists new clients who might walk-in for services and link them with the appropriate service/provider. Manages and coordinates the Walk-in Clinic for the appropriate MBH location.
- Assists agency in meeting goals related to accounts receivable by working as part of a team responsible for several front-line billing aspects which may include, but is not limited to, cash management for multiple agencies, payee representative check disbursement, collection of rental payments, and bank deposits. Reviews and corrects demographic/insurance errors for multiple agencies.
- Responsible for several tasks related to the paper flow throughout the agency. This may include, but is not limited to, working with incoming mail, faxed correspondence, and Releases of Information. Assists in preparing and scanning correspondence and paper medical records. Actively participates in quality assurance and quality audits, as instructed.
- Assists in the processing of community crisis calls and screens received by the agency. Appropriately identifies and assigns the responding agency staff based on urgency.
- Performs opening and close of day activities. This may include preparing the daily visit tickets, making appointment reminder calls for multiple agencies, running various reports, cash management, and completing required work lists.
- Manages and maintains multiple work lists and task lists within the electronic health record and various databases for multiple agencies.
- Demonstrates support for and participates in accomplishing team goals and objectives. Provides staffing coverage for all sites of care, when necessary. Assists in training for new and established staff, as appropriate.
- Complies with all reimbursement rules and regulations, including Corporate Compliance and HIPAA. Applies the Minimum Necessary Standard when accessing protected health information. Complies with established agency policies, procedures, and safety standards.
- Assists agency in meeting goals related to maintaining required Federal and State accreditations and certifications.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous work experience in a medical office, secretarial sciences and/or customer service position preferred.
- Previous experience dealing directly with the general public in person and on the phone preferred.
- Computer experience and typing skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software package required.
- Position requires the ability to stand, bend, stretch, lift, and carry light weight.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and proof of automobile insurance.
- Candidates must successfully pass the following assessments during the interview process in order to be further considered for this position: Listening Skills, Data Entry, and Office Skills