Reporting to the Memorial Home Services Branch Account Manager along with team leader, the Customer Care Specialist will perform a wide variety of sales and customer service duties relating to the selection, sale, and service of medical supplies, equipment, and products. Duties will be performed via phone and in-person directly with customers in an office or retail (including branch) setting. The Customer Care Specialist will be responsible for selling consultatively. These work environments may regularly or periodically rotate as deemed by business need and management.
- Participate in assigned online and on-the-job training to learn basic medical terminology, product/equipment information, and insurance fundamentals.
- Utilize computer software to create/maintain electronic customer accounts. Documents and modifies customer, billing, and insurance information as required.
- With assistance from other staff and manager, begins to develop knowledge of various medical products, equipment, and supplies and insurance coverage’s.
- Learn to perform basic equipment assembly, cleaning, testing, repair, and troubleshooting.
- Greets customers in-person or via phone and determines nature of inquiry. Within scope of knowledge and authority, assists customers with product/service inquiries, equipment selection.
- Interprets doctors’ orders received for medical equipment; determines and conveys the appropriate selection to the customer based on prescription and current insurance coverage.
- Provides product/equipment descriptions, usage, and demonstrations regarding equipment and associated supplies to customers and ensures adequate customer understanding.
- Coordinates the delivery of medical equipment, supplies, and associated items at customer request or as business needs dictate (as required by work location).
- Collects cash and credit card payment for point-of-sale transactions; may make daily bank deposits for Memorial Home Services as required by work location.
- Prepares work orders and coordinates their successful implementation with the appropriate internal and external resources.
- Stocks and displays retail merchandise at the location; responds to requests and follows up for special order merchandise.
- Rotates work settings (to include retail, office, phone, and/or branch environments) as assigned by management or as otherwise required.
- Serve as a backup for others, especially during times of special needs or staff absences.
- Prepare for and perform physical inventory counts.
- Perform ordering, receiving, sale and distribution of all inventories for retail and commercial product lines depending on store location needs.
- Assist Memorial Home Services management with The Joint Commission preparation and surveys.
- Provide local marketing/sales support with the assistance of the Branch Accounts Manager.
- Ability to meet the budgeted retail financial goals through short and long term relationship building techniques with referral sources.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise.
- Assist in completing price changes within the department.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Represent Memorial Home Services at community events as requested by Branch Accounts Manager.
- Provide training and educational experiences for less experienced staff members.
- Participate in mid and year-end inventory process.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Graduation from high school, or the equivalency, is required.
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required).
- Must obtain certifications in products sold/rented that are required by third party payers and/or manufacturers, i.e. mastectomy, compression, orthotics/prosthetics.
- Previous 1 year experience in a retail store capacity and 1 year sales associate background is preferred.
- Keyboarding and basic computer experience is required. Experience with Microsoft office products including outlook, word, excel spreadsheets is also required.
- Possesses good customer relations, listening, interpersonal, and analytical skills and telephone etiquette.
- Must demonstrate the ability to sell consultatively and make recommendations to customers of the various solutions to their needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully complete the assigned/required education and training within first 90 days of employment.
- Demonstrates the ability to lift, push & pull up to 50 pounds and stand the majority of the day.
- Highly flexible, ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proactive problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends.