Daily patient rounding to proactively listen to the voice of the customer. Facilitates communication when complaints are made while the customer is still in the facility. Reports complaint to staff involved and department manager. Works as liaison with patient and staff to resolve the issues surrounding the customer’s complaint. Responsible for speaking with the customer before the customer leaves the facility (whenever possible) and offering an apology on behalf of the organization. Follows up with communication to close loop with all involved. (NOTE: Departments may refer customer complaints or concerns to Patient Experience by telephone, voice mail, e-mail, or survey/letter.) Documents interaction for trending purposes. Meets with Department Managers monthly to share trends and develop action plans for improvement opportunities. Facilitate Customer Service training sessions. Coordinates and presents Customer Service skills training. Assist department manager to plan and implement method to support effective and delete ineffective practices. Successfully complete the grievance process including 7 day and 30 day letter.
- Support the mission, goals and Statement of Values of Memorial Health System.
- Conducts self in manner consistent with warm and caring image of Memorial Health System.
- Coordinate and direct the following activities assuring all are completed in a timely manner.
- Patient/Customer feedback service (includes satisfaction measurement system).
- Patient/Customer Advocacy/Liaison service.
- Coordinate Trending for Customer Satisfaction/Quality Improvement.
- Assist manager, great patient experience in planning and implementing of select Customer Service activities.
- Coordinate Customer Service skills training for employees at Passavant Area Hospital.
- Receives and rectifies complaints or problems concerning patients or family members of patients in a timely manner.
- Handle grievances according to CMS guidelines including 7 day letter, investigation and 30 day letter closing out the investigation.
- Receives and responds to requests for information and/or additional services by patient/customers and/or family members in a timely manner.
- Determine patient representative contacts to be made.
- Maintain effective communication and good working relationship with department managers to:
- Informally monitor employee morale and response to Customer Service efforts.
- Implement service improvements inter and intra departmentally.
- Role model excellent Customer Service behaviors and Statement of Values mindset.
- Assist other Patient Experience staff members to complete priority projects as necessary.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- High school graduate required. Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in hospital, customer services or related field.
- Supervisory, lead and/or training experience preferred.
- Aptitude to work independently in changing environment.