Transports and delivers durable medical, mobility, and basic respiratory care equipment and supplies to customer homes. Assembles and verifies the performance of equipment in customer homes. Provides detailed equipment use and care instructions to patients and/or caregivers. Works independently after hours on call for delivery or trouble shooting of equipment and supplies. Serves as an independent back-up in other key areas in the warehouse operations as determined by management.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school is recommended.
- Minimum one year of customer service experience required.
- Attain required Medical Service Technician CBL’S through the online Med University within the first 90 days.
- Strong mechanical and assembly aptitude Understanding of, and experience with, combustible materials is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of the majority of home medical equipment and the ability to independently perform in-home setups associated with them is
- Possesses basic personal computer skills, with the ability to retrieve and enter limited amounts of data is required
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license and be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required).
- Good oral communication, customer relations, listening, analytical, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Highly flexible, ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proactive problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and on call shifts.