Provide information, wayfinding, and guest services to patient, family, and visitor in a warm, welcoming, and timely manner. Initiate the Great Patient Experience with guests upon their arrival to Memorial Medical Center (MMC). Provide guest services support to Medical Center staff and departments when called upon. Ensure patients and visitors are escorted to their desired destination. Round on MMC Main Lobby waiting areas and assist guests as necessary.
- Utilize effective customer service skills by providing support to patients, guests, physicians, and Memorial Medical Center (MMC) staff. Exceptional interpersonal and guest relations skills are essential for satisfactory performance in this position.
- Greet patients as they arrive in a warm and welcoming manner. Practice AIDET during guest interactions (Acknowledge guest, Introducing yourself, providing Descriptions and Explanations, and Thanking guests for choosing MMC).
- Escorting guests to their destination as needed or arranging for a teammate to provide Greet and Feet service.
- Utilizing phone and computer to obtain necessary information to satisfy guest needs. Must demonstrate exceptional receptionist skills and outstanding telephone etiquette.
- Round regularly on guests in the main lobby area of MMC. Rounding includes approaching guests with a warm smiling demeanor, introducing yourself, using AIDET during conversations, providing informational updates as able.
- Must maintain emotional control during times of stress. Demonstrates the ability to appropriately handle disgruntled guests and assist in conflict resolution.
- Standing for extended periods of time, pushing wheelchairs, providing gentle assistance to guests in need (e.g. assisting guests in and out of wheelchairs).
- Assist guests with making phone calls for cabs, transport vehicles, appointments. Also assists guests if assistance is needed in reaching other campus locations (e.g. Baylis, SIU, Springfield Clinic).
- Ensures adequate comfort supplies (e.g. Kleenex, hand sanitizer) are available in the Main Lobby area.
- Contacts ancillary support areas (e.g. housekeeping, engineering) if Main Lobby Entrance, Waiting Area, and Restrooms need serviced.
- Provide guests with information (e.g. booklets) of Springfield hotels, restaurants, entertainment, and other sites of interest.
- Contribute to the successful achievement of the Health System’s Mission, Vision and Values by providing patient-centered care and caring every day.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school is recommended.
- 2 years customer service skills preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and guest relations skills absolutely required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Reception and telephone etiquette skills required.
- The ability to maintain emotional control during times of stress required.
- The ability to appropriately handle disgruntled guests and assist in conflict resolution required.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, push wheelchairs, and provide gentle physical assistance to guests in need (i.e. assisting guests in and out of wheelchairs).