Systems engineer with strong Microsoft Windows Server experience, as well as Citrix, and/or VMWare skills. Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques. Performs standard Windows Administration procedures including but not limited to Active Directory user / group access rights, security and system performance enhancements. Works with Application and DBA support teams to provide support for production and non-production environments and systems. Interfaces with application development and vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. Installs server hardware, software and provides data communications support.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is required. Successful completion of four to six years relevant industry training or expertise in Microsoft Windows server administration may be considered in lieu of educational requirement. Completion of Bachelor’s degree is strongly encouraged within 5 years of employment in order to lead to further advancement within the department.
- Two to five years of work experience as a Microsoft Windows Server Administrator required including responsibility for system administration activities including project management and completion of implementation efforts from beginning to end. Requires experience in database and application support, and data communications troubleshooting.
- Experienced in working with server hardware.
- Broad experience in IT is necessary including proficiency with personal computer systems and general knowledge of Linux/AIX, interfaces, networks, SAN attached storage and hardware required. Basic understanding of programming and its application is also necessary.
- Familiar with Citrix Administration including publishing applications, installing, troubleshooting, maintaining applications in a Citrix environment. Also familiar with Citrix profiles and polices.
- Familiar with basic concepts surrounding enterprise backup/restore of both OS and data.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to consistently exercise sound judgment and initiative in all circumstances, including very stressful situations. Must also be able to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff both in and outside of IT essential as well as experience in dealing with and managing proper escalation of critical service calls with vendor support to ensure timely and appropriate resolution to system issues.
- Demonstrated dedication to a positive attitude, strong customer service support
- Demonstrated technical and business written and verbal skills required. Proficiency in creating appropriate system documentation is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects from start to finish including the development, measurement and reporting of key performance indicators and commitment to continuous quality improvement required.