Performs a wide variety of patient care activities for the clinic’s patients of all ages, including general nursing care, administration of prescribed medications and treatments, education of patients and families, and response to patient telephone calls. All care is provided under the supervision of the physician and/or mid-level provider.
- Follows nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation, incorporating physical as well as psycho-social needs of designated patient populations in person, and over the telephone. Practices within professional scope and current standards of care. Applies the Minimum Necessary Standard when accessing protected health information.
- Documents according to professional scope and current standard of care ensuring that entries are complete. Reviews quality audits and makes improvements accordingly.
- Assists in various aspects of patient flow process including, but not limited to securing/stocking necessary supplies, preparing exam room and patient for examination, assisting the provider with the exam or procedure, providing treatments and medications as ordered by the provider and cleaning/disinfecting exam/treatment area after use.
- Assists with various aspects of diagnostic testing including obtaining and/or preparing specimens, labeling/recording, and communicating results. Performs miscellaneous CLIA-waived testing. May perform EKG’s/rhythm strips, spirometry, pulse oximetry, nebulizers, as well as other testing outlined by the provider.
- Assists clinic in meeting financial goals related to revenue and expense. Obtains appropriate insurance referrals and pre-certifications. Finds most cost effective means when securing/stocking necessary supplies.
- Responsible for working with team to improve processes and implement quality plans, and provide a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates support for and participates in accomplishing team goals and objectives.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Valid state license to practice practical nursing required.
- Valid CPR certification required.
- Maintains state required CME.
- Prior computer experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a clinic setting preferred.
Candidates must successfully pass the following assessments during the interview process in order to be further considered for this position: Listening Skills, Data Entry, and Medical Spelling.