The Environmental Services Technician cleans and services building areas according to established procedures and performs a variety of environmental duties to maintaining the building in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition.
- Clean assigned area(s) of the hospital and checks and replenishes all essential supplies to area(s) cleaned.
- Picks up regular trash from each floor and takes it to the trash receiving area.
- Picks up the Hazardous trash from designated areas and takes it to the Hazardous Waste room and boxes according to the procedures.
- Makes germicidal and detergent solutions according to manufacturer specifications.
- Ensures all items are stored in an orderly manner in store room. Keeps cart and equipment clean and in a working order.
- Inspects assigned areas for any repair needs or hazardous conditions and follows appropriate steps in stop malfunctioning equipment or confine hazardous conditions.
- Performs other related work as required or requested
· High School Diploma or GED preferred.
· Previous housekeeping experience in a healthcare facility preferred.