The Technician operates within Memorial Medical Center's Corporate, Hospital and Divisional and Departmental mission, philosophy, goals and objectives. Under the direct supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse or a Licensed Physician/Mid-Level provider, assists in the delivery of care to patients within the Emergency Medical Services area(s). Performs a variety of tasks which include, but are not limited to, clerical and communications. These tasks and duties are performed in accordance with both the established values and policies and procedures of the Department and Memorial Medical Center.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- One of the following required:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA);
- Completion of Medical Assistant program
- Illinois Department of Public Health EMT/Paramedic (B, I, or P) certificate or National Registry EMT/Paramedic (NREMT/NRP)
- Demonstration of the ability to perform adequate CPR with a current CPR card.
- Demonstration of the ability to write and/or print legibly and accurately.
- Successful completion of Unit-Based orientation and clinical guidelines.
Minimum Yearly Requirements to Maintain Current Position:
- Attendance at all mandatory in-services.
- Successful completion of all required unit specific training programs.
- Submission, one month prior to anniversary date, to the Nurse Manager documentation validating completing of the annual requirements.
- Meets credit range for the Clinical Ladder levels as follows (12 months experience as an EMS is required in order to apply for promotion in the clinical ladder):
- Emergency Medical Technician I: Employee who achieves a range of 0-20 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid
- Emergency Medical Technician II: Employee who achieves a range of 21-40 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least two categories of the Grid.Emergency Medical Technician III: Employee who achieves a range of 41 credits and above on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least three categories of the Grid.