The ultimate goal is to provide quality customer service to enhance the quality of patient care. Under general supervision, the Customer Support Specialist II will provide day-to-day customer service and support for all customers and clients of Memorial Health System, 24x7x365, including but not limited to answering incoming calls, troubleshooting issues related to software, hardware, network, account access, and documenting of all courses of action taken to resolve or escalate the issues within the ticket tracking system. Assist with project work, testing of equipment, and research and provide resolutions for 2nd level support issues. Works closely with other IS Support team members and technical personnel to determine exact nature of issues and resolutions and communication of outages when appropriate.
- Provide first and second level support to customers and clients according to defined service level agreements.
- Triage, find resolutions, and/or provide possible work around for customer related issues and inquiries within the requirements of MHS IS policies and procedures.
- Communicate and coordinate with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Provide good customer service by deescalating customer frustration with technological issues in order to provide solutions and resolutions for customers.
- Accurately and succinctly identify and communicate customer issues to various IT Division teams for appropriate distribution and identification of issues.
- Document and update all customer information, details related to customer issues, steps taken to resolve or attempt to resolve and escalation to appropriate IS support teams as defined in the support documentation.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair on desktop hardware including computers, laptops, peripherals, printers, scanners, pagers, etc.
- Perform troubleshooting steps on network connectivity issues.
- Acts as liaison between Customer departments, Information Management and software vendors to resolve problems, answer questions and complete requests for service while demonstrating effective written and verbal communication
- For the Helpdesk role, resolve routine problems for issues where resolutions are expected within in a reasonable time and without a visit to the user location. Walk users through steps for identifying or resolving issues.
- Use of remote administration and other tools as necessary to provide accurate and creative solutions to problems of moderate complexity.
- Follows-up on service requests to determine the status of calls and to ensure the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Provide innovative and accurate feedback for the development and maintenance of customer and community facing support documentation.
- Analyze and resolve hardware maintenance problems and escalate issues to the appropriate vendor if necessary and configure workstations, laptops, printers, and other approved hardware to provide to customers for break/fix and warranty replacement.
- Coordinate with other IS support teams to develop both short and long term solutions to address customer needs, restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and installation of new computer systems for Memorial Health System (MMC Campus and Affiliates).
- Maintain and update inventory records for system equipment.
- Maintain IDF cable management within patch panel closets and from data jacks to equipment. Coordinate with appropriate cabling contractors or wire techs to drop lines when needed.
- Ability to prioritize and multi task work efforts in order to provide efficient and timely resolutions for customers.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to follow complex documentation to install and setup vendor and corporate software.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work and provides written evaluation and recommendation for management review.
- Provides support to off-campus facilities
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Associates Degree in computer science or related field required. Two years experience with personal computers and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems may be considered in lieu of degree.
- If applicable based on individual job responsibilities, must possess a valid Illinois drivers license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required).
- Minimum three years of hands on experience with hardware, including but not limited to, desktops, laptops, printers, scanners and mobile devices.
- Minimum of two years experience with software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Windows 7 operating system, Microsoft Office 2007 or above, remote desktop tools, Helpdesk ticketing software, Active Directory, Citrix, Symantec antivirus and Adobe products.
- Experience in answering calls, ability to understand customer’s issues and questions, resolving issues over the phone or remotely, and ability to communicate using non-technical verbiage.
- Experience with networking and web-based applications and technologies preferred.
- Ability to document in detail the issue being reported, steps taken to resolve or attempt to resolve and to escalate to the appropriate support team as needed.
- Well developed customer service, communication, interpersonal, organizational, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Highly effective written/verbal communication and task management skills required.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in a fast paced IS environment, changes in priorities, and to learn quickly and under pressure.
- Possesses the ability to regularly lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Availability to participate in nights and weekends ‘on-call’ rotation and rotation for holiday coverage as required for providing 24x7x365 support.
- Assist with training team members to improve skill sets and disseminate knowledge.