Schedules all patients and procedures and is the clinical educator to patients regarding their up coming procedure for DMH Pain Center.
Essential Functions and Job Duties
- Schedules all patients with the understanding of payor prior-authorization and understands the time frames required by payers so that the proper prior authorization can be completed.
- Interacts effectively with physicians and/or office staff to coordinate patient procedures on and off the schedule.
- Works closely with prior authorization personnel to coordinate care for patients.
- Primary function is to meet with the patient at the end of their appointment at DMH Millennium Pain Center and get that patient scheduled for follow up visits, MRIs, procedures, and any other requirements needed for the patient.
- Coordinates phone calls in a positive and professional manner to meet departmental goals.
- Prioritizes scheduled patients in accordance with managed care pre-auth requirements and medical necessity requirements.
- Educates patients on their up-coming procedure, the risk associated, medication holds, and all other elements critical to patient care.
- Provides excellent customer service by adhering to quality standards and case management/confidentiality policy and procedures.
- Communicates daily with appropriate parties for prior approval on patient accounts (case management or nurses at doctor’s offices).
- Maintains/documents accurate record of insurance/pre-auth company information.
- Communicates barriers or process improvement opportunities to management.
- Assists in training new personnel or in implementing new procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be able to organize work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to focus attention to minute details.
- Above average computer skills including Word, Excel and software applications required.
General Skill Requirements
In addition to the Essential Functions and Qualifications listed above, to perform the job successfully an individual must also possess the following General Skill Requirements.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Accepts criticism and feedback; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; ability to work with frustrating situations; work under pressure and on an irregular schedule such as unscheduled overtime, unanticipated changes in work pace; Works with numerous distractions.
- Attendance and Punctuality – Schedules time off in advance; Begins working on time; Keeps absences within guidelines; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; Exhibits good listening and comprehension; Keeps others adequately informed; Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relations; Exhibits tact and consideration; Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works cooperatively in-group situations; Works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; Displays understanding of how job relates to others; Uses resources effectively.
- Judgment – displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions; ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Problem solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in-group problem solving situations.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Displays commitment to excellence; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly; Achieves established goals.
- Concentration – Maintains attention to detail over extended period of time; continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Supervision – ability to perform work independently or with minimal supervision; ability to assign and/or review work; train and/or evaluate other employees.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Post High School education is required. Must be an MA, LPN or RN with current Illinois license.
This position is performed within an environment of minimal exposure to irritating, unpleasant, or hazardous elements or conditions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and move through an office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work under stress, adapt to changing conditions, and meet strict time guidelines.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.