Greets visitors and patients to Decatur Memorial Hospital. Answers and refers telephone calls regarding patient inquires.
*This is a part-time, day shift, position*
- Greets employees, patients and other visitors to department, answering questions, providing and assisting with directions, and making appropriate referrals.
- Answers telephone, taking messages, providing information or forwarding calls.
- Maintains front desk area in neat and orderly manner.
- Processes department mail
- One year of office experience required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time.
- Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.