All Shifts Available
To pre-register and register patients of Memorial Medical Center’s ExpressCare. Schedule patients for procedures and tests at MHS facilities. Collects accurate patient demographic and billing information in a timely manner. Interviews incoming patients or Associates, enter information into potential all appropriate software packages. Serves as a liaison between ancillary departments and other Patient Access Services areas.
- Greet the majority of visitors and patients, answer patient questions (via telephone/ in person) and give directional information.
- Effectively perform general clerical/administrative functions.
- Responsible for completing all steps of pre-registration/registration including patient interview, obtaining of signatures, providing Advance Directive information and distributes hospital specific literature.
- Pre-register and register all types of patients in multiple software systems.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well in stressful situations.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in respect to patients and fellow employees.
- Ability to conduct financial collections and referrals for Financial Counseling. Ability to interview/prescreen self pay patients for possible financial assistance.
- Understands and complies with state and federal regulations as well as hospital, department and The Joint Commission policies and procedures related to patient access.
- Communicates with ancillary department, physicians, medical offices and within Patient Financial Services department.
- Conducts insurance verification tasks, pre-certification, or referral information from MD offices and/or insurance companies and authorization for elective and emergent patients.
- Ability to complete legal admission paperwork for psychiatric admits in accordance to DHS guidelines.
- Ensures accurate documentation of patient information.
- Responsible for checking and re-stocking supplies as needed.
- Participates in performance improvement activities for the department and organization.
- Adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and patient confidentiality policies.
- Completes annual educational and training requirements.
- Promotes the mission, vision, and goals of the organization and department.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- One year customer service experience preferred. Previous clerical, medical terminology, medical office, registration or billing experience preferred.
- Word processing/computer application experience and knowledge desired.
- Minimum typing skill of 40 WPM preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.