Performs activities related to transportation of patients of all ages.
- Greets and transports patients pleasantly by wheelchair, stretcher or bed in a timely manner. Checks patients’ I.D. with the request for service.
- Adheres to universal blood and body fluid precautions in patient transport.
- Cleans carts and wheelchairs on a regular schedule; takes carts and wheelchairs to engineering for repair and maintenance as needed. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Attends meetings, inservices and educational programs.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards, as well as department records, reports, and files as required.
- Schedules daily routine services and assigns transporters; ensures that services are performed on schedule by appropriate scheduling.
- Responds to telephone request and assigns staff to perform services, such as patient transport.
- Trains and orients transporters.
- Participates in educational programs and inservices; attends meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May perform duties of Valet/Greeter as requested.
Education and/or Other Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent. CNA or Nurse Aid experience preferred. Must have valid Illinois Driver’s License.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Effective reading, comprehension and communication skills to demonstrate C.A.R.E.S. Must be able to follow established department policies and objectives, as well as standard quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control procedures.
- Customer satisfaction classes will be completed prior to assisting patients to ensure proper communication with patients.
Minimal exposure to irritating, unpleasant, or hazardous elements or conditions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Considerable physical exertion, including continuous (70 to 100%) walking, standing, bending; must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, pulling up to 150 pounds, and pushing up to 300 pounds. Must be physically fit to climb stairs during a disaster or Code situation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work under stress and adapt to changing conditions.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.