Facilitates the delivery and evaluation of evidence-based comprehensive care to patients. Collaboration and referral to other health care providers, patient advocacy, teaching, and family counseling are major components of the role. Under the direction physician or designee, provides coordination of their respective department or work area.
- In collaboration with supervising physician(s), practices within professional scope and current standards to assess, diagnose, and treat patients.
- Follows protocols according to supervising physician’s direction, which includes encouraging the patient to follow up with their primary care physician accordingly. Partners with the physician(s) to promote effective patient care. Provides to physician visit documentation and associated testing for review and signature. Effectively communicates with physician when needing clarification when deviating from protocol and prior to ordering costly tests, treatments, or referrals.
- Completes thorough and timely documentation according to standards put forth by Medicare, Medicaid, and other relevant payer sources, as well as MHS policies pertaining to medical records.
- Coordinates the resources required by the patient.
- Collaborates, as needed, with other health care professionals, patient advocates, teachers, and family counselors in the formulation and initiation of a health care plan for patients. Routinely evaluates the plan and modifies the plan to improve outcomes.
- Assumes responsibility for the development, implementation, and evaluation of plans for adherence to evidence-based quality indicators.
- Serves as a clinical consultant to other healthcare professionals.
- Reviews and utilizes current literature and research findings relevant to the health care of patients and their families.
- Assists with implementing research findings and monitoring the impact on patient care outcomes.
- Utilizes available data to analyze performance and develop plans to improve outcomes.
- Works to further establish advanced clinical expertise and skills with regards to their specialty area.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of educational activities specific to their specialty area.
- Maintains an active role in community and professional programs.
- Assists in meeting financial goals related to revenue and expense. Maintains productivity according to budget. Communicates when expected volumes are not met or when opportunities exist to improve productivity or decrease cost.
- Assists in meeting customer service goals by delivering care in a manner consistent with a high level of patient satisfaction. Reviews survey results and looks for ways to improve.
- Demonstrates support for and participates in accomplishing team goals and objectives.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner required or FNP as determined by the department.
- Must possess and maintain licensing as required by Illinois State law for APN.
- Minimum of 1 year post-graduate school experience as an APN preferred.
- Valid CPR required. ACLS certification where required.
- Maintains DEA license where required.