Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Various shifts, every other weekend, multiple positions available.
This position embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values. These standards are evident in the daily work, which includes the following:
- Responsible for delegation, supervision, and provision of nursing care for a designated group of patients through utilization of the nursing process.
- Provides age-appropriate care.
- Participates in research when appropriate and incorporates research findings into evidence-based clinical practice.
- Contributes to quality improvement processes.
- Adheres to MMC Mission, Vision, and Values, the Nursing Division Mission, Vision, and Philosophy, the ANA Code of Ethics and the Illinois Nursing Act.
Requirements of this position include:
- Licensed as RN in State of Illinois. BSN preferred.
- Current BLS/CPR certification per policy.
- Must be able to position and/or transfer an average adult patient and possess gross coordination sufficient to perform other patient care duties as required.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to perform difficult manipulative skills such as IV insertion and IM injections.
- Environmental working conditions include exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue, contagious diseases and/or radioactive or other potentially hazardous materials.
4E Orthopedic Unit Summary:
4E is an orthopedic unit caring for total joint replacements (#1 in the state!) spine surgery, along with other surgical and non-surgical orthopedic problems. This unit also serves as a step-down trauma unit. 4E RNs are responsible for IVs, PCAs, medication administration, and wound care.